Forums » General Art Discussions

Toronto island paintout

• June 24, 2014 6:28 PM EDT

3 of us went to this paintout. Lots of construction downtown and I ended up on a later ferry but it was a great day to paint. I will be going again to hanlon's point if anyone wants to go the next time! I will post it before I go.

I will post my painting here and hope those of you who came will also post your paintings!

• June 24, 2014 8:14 PM EDT

ok I posted this one in the "how has your style changed" discussion but I will also put it here to encourage you other guys to add yours too!

• 4 posts
    June 25, 2014 11:08 AM EDT
    I'd love to join you if it's during the week. Thanks.
    • 4 posts
    June 25, 2014 11:48 AM EDT

I find that I don'tknow where people are posting on this web site.  Sometimes, its under discussion, sometimes under events, somethines, under chapters...

What if we also posted the same info on the event on the OPAS Facebook page?

Just a thought

• 292 posts
    June 28, 2014 4:33 PM EDT

Hi Zella,

If you are posting an OPAS paint-out, it goes on the OPAS Events page. If it's some other organization's event, that you are part of, it goes on the Members Events page. Paint-outs should not be posted in the discussion list, however, reports from the completed paint-outs go here. (Because once the paint-out day goes by, the paint-out post disappears from the listing.)

There are two OPAS Facebook pages. One is run by Jennifer Smithwell and it's where members can post photos of their paintings. That's really all that should go there. There's also an "official" OPAS Facebook page where you can post paint-outs, however, neither of these pages are viewed as often as the website.

The official OPAS website is set up for you to post events, both official and non-official. Please look at the menu page About OPAS for links to guidelines on how to post, etc.

Keith Thirgood
    President