Forums » General Art Discussions

Report on Georgetown Challenge

• 289 posts
    July 15, 2014 3:41 PM EDT

For those of you who missed the Georgetown Challenge, you missed a really fun event. Georgetown has tons of painting potential. Everywhere I turned there was something else to paint.

While OPAS was well represented, the local art community had a strong turn out.

In total, we had well over 20 artists painting on the streets and in the parks.

Like a good organizer (NOT) I forgot my camera, so here are some shots from the event provided by the local host.

OPAS member Jiemin Wang, almost finished with her prize winning pastel painting.

OPAS member Ted Yao is just starting. I don't know how he can squat like that for an hour or more.

Here's OPAS member Rick Worthington part way through his prize winner.

OPAS member, Shelly Cinnamon, just getting started.

My partner, OPAS member Helen Walter blocking in her scene.

That's me just starting. Yes, I often paint on a black field.

One of the many local artists painting the town.

Here's OPAS member Gilles Lafond measuring up the scene.

Another local artist enjoying his day.

Another local artist who's name I didn't catch.

She's painting right in the heart of Georgetown, but it could be anywhere in the countryside. Such a great place to paint. Such a great day.

Thanks you to Judy Daley, Curator of the Helson Gallery, and her volunteers from the Halton Hills Cultural Centre for greeting and treating our OPAS members so graciously. And thank you to all the artists who came out to paint, both OPAS members and local artists. You made the day work.

Cheers,

Keith Thirgood
    President, OPAS

www.wilsonstreetstudios.com

• 14 posts
    July 16, 2014 10:41 AM EDT

Thanks for posting this Keith.  Yes it was a good day as you can see from the photographs!