Forums » General Art Discussions

One or Two Day workshop ????

• August 11, 2014 9:33 AM EDT

Hi, I know some people cant afford to or find time to go to the longer one week long workshop so I am asking how many would be interested in attending a workshop for a Saturday or a Sunday.

If we got at least 6 people the workshop would cost  at least $60 for a one day or $120 for 2 days. I would ask John David Anderson to run it as he can teach from beginner to advanced painters. I dont know if he is available for that weekend yet but am now just trying to see if there is enough interest to do this. I know he can teach for oils or acrylics but if some of you want to do watercolor or pastels I will ask and I am sure that would be fine. 

This is not just an " introduction course" It is for artist of all levels and intermediate to advanced artist would benefit but beginners would be okay in this course too. 

I think I have 2 people who could go so I am looking for at least 4 more or the price would have to increase. That weekend would work because I would have a low cost indoor facility if we had to go in due to weather or to meet at the beginning of the day and to leave our lunches etc. They also sell some art supplies at this location in case people forget things. It is in east end of Scarborough. 

So again, Question one. how many would be willing to pay for it if I organized this workshop?

Question 2, would you like a one or two day workshop?

One day obviously costs less but two day workshop you build more momentum and would likely learn more. 

If there is not enough interest I will not pursue this any further.

You can see his work here:

http://jdapicker.fineartstudioonline.com/works

• 51 posts
    August 11, 2014 7:12 PM EDT
    I took his one week class in July. He is a great instructor and I would jump at this opportunity except I will be paddling that week and not heading home until Sunday.
    • 51 posts
    August 11, 2014 7:14 PM EDT
    That is Thanksgiving weekend. Right?
  • August 11, 2014 8:31 PM EDT

Oh didnt realize it is thanksgiving weekend. LIkely wont work for  then. I can do it another weekend but likely there will be some extra cost to have the indoor room- will probably increase it by $10-15 per person per day but I can check on that. 

• 3 posts
    August 12, 2014 9:27 AM EDT

Although I have to come from Ottawa, pleas put me down as a yes.  I love his work and have heard that he is a great instructor.

• August 12, 2014 9:29 AM EDT

So far only two with some interest for different dates. tracy would prefer a one day workshop. John, do you have a preference?

It could also go for a weekday in september. 

If we have to pay for the indoor site and only have 4 people it would be closer to $110 per person but you would get more attention. I will leave it up for  a week or so to see if their is any more interest

• August 12, 2014 9:54 AM EDT

ok, so one more and weekend day it looks like. 

• August 12, 2014 6:23 PM EDT

ok, another member sent me a private message that they were interested so we are up to 4 here and 6 total. 

I think probably we should keep the group to 8 or less so everyone gets enough attention. I will have to prepare a list of possible dates and then see if people could pick one that would work 

but please keep adding if you are interested in joining , as we may not be able to get everyone on the same day and we do need a total of at least 6 for the workshop. I would have to get paid ahead of time to be able to confirm with the teacher, as he will expect his full regular fee whatever happens. 

• 9 posts
    August 13, 2014 7:22 AM EDT
    Hello Jennifer,

I am interest. It just depends on the date and the location. Where will the workshop be held?

Rose Ann Vita
  • August 13, 2014 3:11 PM EDT

As stated in the summary above, the location would be the east end of Scarborough and hopefully I can get a good deal to rent if for a weekend day. 

• August 14, 2014 1:52 PM EDT

Responses seemed to have slowed down, I wonder if Keith knows a way to send an email to all the members just to make sure I can get feedback from all interested.