Forums » Member Events

Winter Juried Show - Call for Entries

• 26 posts
    November 11, 2014 6:50 PM EST

"Canadians may bemoan our endless winter but we know, deep down we have a pride in our stamina and awe in the beauty we experience, on crisp mornings after a snow storm."

The Agnes Jamieson Gallery, Minden Hills ON, the community adjacent to where many of us painted in "A Brush with the Highlands", is having a free, juried show with a January 9, 2015 deadline.

The curator is a lovely person.

You can get an entry form from Mindenhills.ca then "arts and culture"

then "art gallery"

then "exhibitions".

• 3 posts
    January 5, 2015 1:32 PM EST

Hi Ted, I would love to apply, especially because it is free, but delivering selected painting could be a problem.

Maria

• 26 posts
    January 5, 2015 3:22 PM EST
    Maria
    I'm sending mine by Canada Post and we can split the cost if you want.
    Ted
    • 51 posts
    January 5, 2015 4:45 PM EST

I am putting mine together but with a Friday deadline to get it mailed to them I may not make it.  

• 26 posts
    January 6, 2015 12:01 PM EST

John and Maria

I just spoke to Laurie (Jan 6, 11:55) and she says the entry form, image and artist's statement should be emailed by Jan 9 and the jurors will meet Jan 16.  Assuming that they give their decision Jan 18 or so, we can arrange a drop off of the physical work at my place or you can ship yourself from Hamilton by Canada Post.  They will return ship and we can also cut costs for them if we package multiple paintings.

This is a cross Canada competition, with entries from all over Canada, including installations.

Regards, Ted

• 51 posts
    January 8, 2015 2:06 PM EST

I thought that they had to be there by tomorrow so I just spent $25 to ship my information overnight to them.  That will teach me to pay attention here. I don't think that it was money well spent because I suspect they will have a lot of very good submissions but nothing ventured nothing gained.

• 1 posts
    January 8, 2015 5:41 PM EST

Hi Ted

I would love to drive up to my cottage on Big Hawk and on the way drop off 4 small oils to contribute to your show. Let me know as I need to gas up.

Laurene Green

• 26 posts
    January 8, 2015 7:57 PM EST

Laurene

That's very kind of you and totally unexpected.

Let's wait and see if they accept any of John, Maria's or my work and we will talk later.  BTW, I hope you entered too!!

Regards. Ted

• 51 posts
    January 9, 2015 9:47 AM EST

My parents have a home on Paudash Lake which is about half an hour east of Minden so I see it as a good excuse to head up there and paint in an area that I love.

Good luck everyone.

• 4 posts
    January 20, 2015 10:39 PM EST

Ted and John,

I got a email from The Agnes Jamieson Gallery and my painting is being accepted.

Saw the previous discussion and I would like to join someone else to send my painting and share the cost.

Please let me know if there is any decision regarding this.

Selene

• 51 posts
    January 20, 2015 11:22 PM EST

Sorry but mine was rejected so I wont be involved.

• 4 posts
    January 20, 2015 11:45 PM EST

John,  Thanks for your reply.

• 26 posts
    January 21, 2015 2:01 AM EST

Selene

Mine was rejected too.

• 26 posts
    January 21, 2015 2:23 AM EST

Silene

Congratulations.  Can you tell John and me what it is that you think they were looking for?

regards, Ted

• 4 posts
    January 21, 2015 1:51 PM EST

Hi Ted,

Thank you! This is my way of thinking and I am not sure if I am right :

They would try to select a broad representation of artistic form, style and media for the show.

Art that approached the theme with originality. 

Selene