Forums » Member Events

FAB Experience with Phil the Forecaster

• 3 posts
    May 11, 2015 12:59 PM EDT

Plein Air Workshop  for Artists at Amazing Places- the Frontenac Arch Biosphere including the Thousand Islands

"Bring your art to life...with Colour, Light and Texture"

August 7-8-9, 2015 – any or all of the three days - 9am to 4 pm $100 per day

About this Artist’s Workshop—Meet at A Pre-determined Amazing Place Ready to Paint...
    Phil will start each day with a short discussion followed by a demo which will emphasize a particular skill. Special emphasis will be placed on the techniques to compose, sketch and capture the plein air scene. The remainder of the morning and afternoon will be spent painting with individual instruction.
    Phil will give the participants individual attention depending on their skill level. Although Phil will be teaching using oils, he is well versed in most mediums. It is not Phil’s intent to change, but rather to enhance a student's individual style and allow them to soar to the next level. Art should also be fun … an adventure in making memories … Come… let’s paint.

Phil… artist, canoeist and meteorologist.
    Trained at Queen's University as a nuclear physicist, "Phil the Forecaster" has been a professional meteorologist since 1976. An avid canoeist, Phil believes that a fully equipped paradise needs only a quiet back lake, a canoe, art supplies and a fishing rod. As Phil says, "My desire is simply to get better - at art... life and fishing!"

This retreat is self-catered. Participants are to supply their own painting gear and food, suitable for spending a day outside. A suggested materials list is available upon request. A non-refundable 50% deposit is required upon booking.

Local flavours and accommodation can meet all of your needs. At least one day will be at the Chadwick Art House, Studio and Gallery on beautiful Singleton Lake….

Special rates may be available for participants at local hotels and restaurants … close to the Amazing Places of the Frontenac Arch Biosphere—one of Canada’s Best kept Secrets. 

• 9 posts
    June 3, 2015 6:27 AM EDT

Hello Phil, this Plein Air Event does sound FAB-u-lous . . . the dates just don't work for me. Hope you and whoever joins you has fun. Rose Ann Vita

• 3 posts
    June 3, 2015 7:17 AM EDT

Rose Ann Vita said:

Hello Phil, this Plein Air Event does sound FAB-u-lous . . . the dates just don't work for me. Hope you and whoever joins you has fun. Rose Ann Vita

So sorry Rose Ann... May I add your name for the next workshop? It will be fun... including an evening pontoon boat tour.

• 9 posts
    June 3, 2015 7:53 AM EDT

Oh, please do! Add Joan Fleming, too! (She may also be listed as Rachel Joan Fleming) Thanks!

• 3 posts
    June 3, 2015 7:56 AM EDT

Rose Ann Vita said:

Oh, please do! Add Joan Fleming, too! (She may also be listed as Rachel Joan Fleming) Thanks!

I will certainly do this. For me, art is about creating and having fun :>))