Forums » Member Events

1st Annual Cavan/Millbrook Outdoor Painting Festival

• 5 posts
    March 10, 2016 8:26 PM EST

October 1st and 2nd, 2016  Saturday and Sunday

Cavan is a series of rolling hills with wide vistas, some marsh, the Cavan Creek and if we

hit the right time, the autumn colours.  (No guarantee on colour unless it is on your canvas.)

And 6 km away is the quaint and picturesque town of Millbrook that features Needler Mills and a one block main street.  It is a honey as far as the "olden days" look.  The town also features

a park and pond. This is about 1 hr 15 min from Toronto going east.   

By then the Cavan Art Academy and Cavan Art Gallery will be up and running so that is where

we will meet and where the prizes for the juried  plein air competition will be held.  There are 7 acres

and the property is on the Creek.  The website is www.cavanarts.ca    There will soon be a registration form on the site.

Prizes will be awarded at the reception on Sunday afternoon at 2:00 p.m.

There will be a charge of $25 per person (so I can get a Johnny on the Spot), honorariums for the jurors and it will fund the reception and for some of the prize money which will be announced a little later on as I am fundraising at this time. If you have a thought about that...hmmm, let me know.  It would do my heart good to be able to offer  both "gracious" and "generous" prizes.

Since this is the first one in Cavan/Millbrook, the number of registrants will be limited and therefore, I encourage you to sign up early enough so that proper planning can be done.  My thought is to .  . 

have the public in to purchase the "fresh off the easel" paintings and your cooperation and .  . 

help in publicizing this event would be required.  The sale will go on from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m..  . 

Paintings will be displayed in the Gallery and you will need to be there if your work is for sale..  . 

I am trying to line up reasonably priced places to stay overnight in the area on Saturday night.   

Of course this is not something that can be done alone so any help that is available from members

would be welcomed.  If you have skills in the social media arena - hello there, you would be a VVA (very valuable asset) . Press releases - awesome.  . 

I am trying to get a reading on if there is any interest in my pursuing this event so I definitely want to hear from anyone who has questions, who is interested, who has some ideas.  Give me feedback please.. . 

.And if you have lots of experience doing this kind of event - do not be a stranger.  

If you sing and or play an instrument we could make Saturday evening just that much more fun.  'Fess up!" 

www.galerie-q.com has already pledged prize money.  They are 4 doors south of Cavan Art Gallery.

So now it is in your hands.  Is this a yea or a nay.  

Valerie

• 1 posts
    March 17, 2016 4:00 PM EDT

This sounds great!

• March 18, 2016 7:35 AM EDT

I would be interested in registering for this event .

• 30 posts
    March 18, 2016 8:01 AM EDT

Count me in if its a go... Doug.

• March 22, 2016 10:54 AM EDT

Let me know when the registration info is ready.

• 283 posts
    March 24, 2016 11:01 PM EDT
    This sounds like a great event. Thank you Valerie for spearheading this. I'm going to book October 1 & 2 into my calendar right now so I am sure not to miss this.

Keith
    • 5 posts
    March 25, 2016 12:08 AM EDT

I wanted you to know that the registration form and the details are ready.

www.cavanarts.ca

I welcome anyone who wishes to register now.  Thanks for responding.

• April 16, 2016 8:28 PM EDT

Could not seem to access registration.

• 5 posts
    April 16, 2016 8:42 PM EDT

Hi Mary

I am so sorry you could not access the registration.  I sent the problem to my webmaster, Jeff Sanders,

and hope he will get back to me soon and I can get back to you so you can sign up.  That will

be great.  Maybe try http://cavanarts.ca

I just talked with him and he is going to make a banner for you to register and pay.  He is doing it now...If you have a problem you can contact  Jeff and he can help get this done at  j@vx1.net  Thanks Mary

• 5 posts
    April 16, 2016 9:12 PM EDT

New banner is ready

• April 18, 2016 8:52 AM EDT

Thanks, it's working.

• May 1, 2016 7:50 AM EDT

This sounds fun, hope to do it!

• May 2, 2016 12:16 AM EDT

I already registered to this event. 

• July 6, 2016 11:11 PM EDT

Looking forward to this event, sounds like a nice place to paint. Cheers!