Forums » General Art Discussions

opas card??

• March 22, 2016 10:52 AM EDT

Anyone else having trouble getting their opas card. I paid for mine beginning of feb and still dont have it. 

I wrote and enquired two weeks ago and got no response. 

• 7 posts
    March 23, 2016 9:23 AM EDT

Thanks for the reminder, no I did not get my card either, but I re-joined only about 2 months ago. Hope to see you again at one of the opas events..Sheila

• 283 posts
    March 24, 2016 10:20 PM EDT
    Hi Jennifer,

At the moment, I am trying to handle most of the portfolios by myself. I only have Maria handling the Treasurer role. Plus I am in the middle of moving to Peterborough. So things have slipped a little.

I haven't sent out any opas cards since November. I hope to catch up on that in a week or two.

If any members are interested in helping run opas, please contact me direc tly. I can use the help.

keith@wilsonstreetstudio.ca

Keith Thirgood
    President OPAS
  • March 25, 2016 12:04 PM EDT

YOu too Sheila!
    Sheila Mitchell said:

Thanks for the reminder, no I did not get my card either, but I re-joined only about 2 months ago. Hope to see you again at one of the opas events..Sheila

• April 7, 2016 10:54 AM EDT

I still havent received anything in the mail and now the art stores wont give me any discounts as they say that the card is expired. Sheila, did you get yours?

Keith, were they mailed? can you email a temporary card?

• 7 posts
    April 7, 2016 6:03 PM EDT

Hi Jennifer, I think Keith is busy with moving house. Do you have a card from any other group? Sometimes the stores accept the AGO membership or really any art membership cards.

I think Keith needs back up and needs members taking over some of the 'running' jobs of the group.

See you painting outside soon!

Sheila

• April 8, 2016 2:43 PM EDT

I dont have a card for another group at the moment. that is why I asked if he could send me something temporarily. 

Jennifer

• April 9, 2016 9:50 AM EDT
    Curries at Kennedy and Steeles gave me the discount on Thursday without the card.... she said anyone who knows a group that small and obscure is obviously a member of it,... hahaha
  • April 10, 2016 8:29 AM EDT

LOL that's great Brenda. Above Ground is really hard nosed about it. 

• 283 posts
    April 10, 2016 1:52 PM EDT

I was unable to load the opas site for the past few days, so I am rather late in replying. I am trying to sort out the membership list. Once I have it sorted, I will be issuing new cards to all members who have paid-up in the past six months. I hope to have this accomplished by the end of this week.

Really sorry for the delay, however, I am still moving and I'm doing this part of opas on my own.

Keith

• May 2, 2016 12:55 AM EDT

It has been 3 weeks but I still havent received a card. 

• 85 posts
    May 2, 2016 2:42 PM EDT

I am still trying to get caught up. No member has volunteered to help me. I am teaching art tonight so I won't have a chance to do any cards until tomorrow. I hope to have this all cleared up by the end of the week.