Forums » Member Events

2nd Annual Outdoor Painting Festival Cavan Millbrook

• 5 posts
    March 21, 2017 8:43 PM EDT

2nd Annual Outdoor Painting Festival  September 29, 30, October 1

coincides with Culture Days Canada

www.outdoorpaintingfestival.com      This is a new website for the event.  There have been some changes and because it is a new website not everything is there yet.  On the other hand, the rules, registration form and payment are there.  I would like to post more soon such as photos from 1st annual, plus lodging, food, venues etc.  For the meantime you can  see photos at www.cavanarts.ca   outdoor painting festival

There are some changes:  there is some relaxation on supports

The price has gone up to $75 cause I did not have enough money to do everything I thought would be great for participants

The prizes have increased to $1500 first, $1000 second, $500 third, $100 honarary mention, 2 plaques, 6 honarary mentions tba...

New  Event:  Quick Paint Event October 1st  9 to 11:00  prize $500   Cost to enter ONLY Quick paint $25   No charge for

artists who paid full price  The events will be juried.

New Event:  Plein Air Workshop facilitated by Sam Paonessa September 28    9:30 a.m to 4 pm   Cost $75

Please check out the website.  Call me for information you need  705 944 9444 or contact me through the website.

I have a favour to ask.  Please share this with anyone you know who might want to participate.  Also tell friends and family to come out to visit and support you during the festival.

Your Greatest gift to me would be to sign up as soon as possible.  You have no idea how helpful that will be.  I will have a better idea

what I can do.  There will be the Celebratory Reception on October 1st at 2:00 pm to announce the Awards.  The Fresh off the Easel Sale will go on right after Awards.  Please do not leave right away.  People came to buy and most folks had Gone.  

Also I really hope you will help me with the Call to Artists and to spread  the word to visitors and collectors.  I so appreciate the members who came out last year to the Events.  Hope to see you back and want very much to welcome new artists.  

The prize money has once again been donated by Galerie Q.  Another new change is that the Top Award Winners will go into a special new Plein Air Show till October 29th, 2017 at Galerie Q. 

I will add to this and the website as it progresses.  Valerie Kent