Forums » News and Announcements

2018 outdoor trips

• 10 posts
    December 14, 2017 11:34 AM EST

Where will you be painting outdoors in 2018. Our Halton Hills group is planning our future trips around Georgetown, Erin, Limehouse, country fields, conservation parks....lots of good material just 10 mins from our front doors! So glad I left Toronto and so enjoying the countryside.

Please post your plans and favourite painting spots for 2018. Plus are you painting a scene in your studio from a plein air study? Photos would be nice to add hope to add mine soon...

yours in outdoor art,

Sheila

• 287 posts
    December 15, 2017 2:51 PM EST

Hi Shiela, I only know where I'm going to be painting on my three, already planned, Art Retreats. Ottawa Valley, Kawartha Highlands and Killarney. The rest of my year is up to the whimsey of the weather and what my fellow members of OPAS post in the way of paint-outs.

I'm hoping to compete in the Finger Lakes PLein Air Festival, the Plein Air Easton event, and whichever Ontario-based festivals that OPAS can negotiate with. But whether I get to go to any of these is up to each competition's jury.

If anyone reading this knows of any plein air festivals, shows or competitions in Ontario, please post them here so I can check them out for the membership.

Keith

• 10 posts
    December 16, 2017 12:42 PM EST

So far Keith, I plan to go to the Norval and Elora, paint outs as official outings

• 287 posts
    December 17, 2017 7:30 PM EST

The organizers of the Norval festival work with us every year to help run and promote that festival. They are a great team to work with.

Unfortunately, OPAS has never been approached by the organizers of the Elora Festival. We would like Elora to be one of OPAS's Endorsed events, but they have to talk to us first.

• 10 posts
    December 21, 2017 1:52 PM EST

I could ask Phil Irish if he would let us join, I met him through his Gamblin oils presentation I organized our Creditvalley Artisan demo.