Forums » News and Announcements

t. Segura reached first base, but h

• September 8, 2018 8:37 PM EDT

导出博客文章MINNEAPOLIS -- An off-court investigation and ankle injury slowed down Reggie Lynch earlier this year. China MLB Jerseys .Now his coach believes the redshirt junior is one of the Big Tens best players in the middle.Lynch and Jordan Murphy each had a double-double and Minnesota pulled away to beat Northern Illinois 77-57 Sunday.Lynch scored 11 of his career-high tying 18 points in the second half. His 11 rebounds were two off a career best.Murphy had 12 points and 10 rebounds for Minnesota (10-1). Nate Mason finished with 11 points and Akeem Springs and Dupree McBrayer had 10.I played pretty good, but everyone all around did very well, Lynch said.Accused of sexual assault in May and not allowed to practice with the team until it was announced in August he would not be charged with a crime, Lynch, who transferred from Illinois State, also missed the Nov. 25 game with an injured ankle.He just needs as many reps as he can, but I thought he was terrific today, said coach Richard Pitino. To me, I think hes one of the better centers in the league. . Hes a game-changer for us.Lynch feels like hes had a groove the whole time.I know how to play the game, he said. My teammates are finding me and everyone is playing really well. Even if Im in a little bit of pain on defense or trying to score I know my team has my back.Lynch and Murphy combined for 12 of Minnesotas first 21 second-half points as the Gophers, who led by six at the break, built a 50-38 lead. Springs, who played two seasons at Northern Illinois, had a 3-pointer and layup in that stretch.I thought that Lynch, he came out and it seemed like he wouldnt miss a shot in the first half. We tried to slow him down in the second half, but it just wasnt enough, said Northern Illinois coach Mark Montgomery.The Huskies (4-5) lost for the fourth time in five games. They were led by Marshawn Wilsons 19 points. Dontel Highsmith had 10.Northern Illinois has lost 14 straight games to Big Ten opponents since Dec. 14, 1999.Minnesota finished with a 48-28 rebounding advantage and was 25-for-30 from the free-throw line after entering the game with a 67.8 percent rate.PASSING FANCYMinnesota finished with 17 assists on 24 baskets.I think our whole team is really, really willing passers, Pitino said. Theyre very unselfish. . They look like theyre having fun together. Theyre constantly looking to share the ball.WELCOME HOMEA smattering of cheers could be heard when Northern Illinois Wilson made a play. He went to high school about 10 miles from Williams Arena and was a finalist for the states 2015 Mr. Basketball award. He had 13 points in his first six games before Sunday.BIG PICTURENorthern Illinois: The Huskies need to shoot better away from the basket. Northern Illinois had zero points outside the paint in the first half and finished with 10. The Huskies were 2-for-11 on 3-point attempts.Minnesota: The Gophers, who struggled in a 74-68 win over the New Jersey Institute of Technology on Wednesday but beat Georgia Southern by 37 on Friday, continue to seek offensive consistency. They shot just 30 percent in the first half despite a 5-for-21 start, but 53.6 percent in the second 20 minutes.UP NEXTNorthern Illinois: Plays its only home game in a 35-day stretch Wednesday against Olivet Nazarene. The Huskies have four road games in that span.Minnesota: The Gophers are home Wednesday against LIU Brooklyn before a nine-day layoff for final exams. Cheap MLB Jerseys China . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Discount MLB Jerseys . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseysmlb.com/ . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. CINCINNATI -- What might be Jay Bruces last home run in Cincinnati as a Red wasnt quite enough to put his team over the top.The All-Star right fielder hit a three-run homer with nobody out in the ninth inning on Sunday against Arizona, but pitcher Tyler Clippard was able to regroup and get the final three outs as the Diamondbacks held off the Reds for a 9-8 win.Bruce has been the subject of trade talks for more than a year as the Reds continue to rebuild.It could have been my last home run at Great American Ball Park, he said. Also it might not have been. Well see. It was a good note.The Reds came from behind once to take a lead and again to tie the score, but they couldnt polish off their third consecutive comeback win in the series.Its been good this home stand, manager Bryan Price said. There was that big rally against their closer. (Zack) Cozart getting on base with the walk and on we go. Joey (Votto) given us the great at bat and Jay hitting the home run. It was a situation where we were a homer away from walking them off. That says a lot.Paul Goldschmidts solo home run in the fifth inning gave Arizona the lead for good. Yasmany Tomas chipped in a with a pair of solo home runs and Wellington Castillo had a three-run shot as Arizona ended a four-game losing streak and avoided a three-game sweep in Cincinnati for the first time since 2007.Every Cincinnati starter except pitcher Brandon Finnegan had at least one hit off starter Zack Godley, helping the Reds come from behind twice.Godley (3-1) became the first pitcher in franchise history to reach seven career wins as a starter in as few as 10 starts. He allowed 10 hits and five runs with two walks and three strikeouts. He also hit a batter.Finnegan (5-8) failed for the fourth consecutive start to get past five innings. He allowed seven hits and six runs with two walk and three sttrikeouts. Wholesale MLB Jerseys Authentic. Goldschmidt was 0-for-6 with four walks in the series before leading off the fifth with his 17th home run of the season to break a 5-all tie.The teams combined for 13 hits and 10 runs in the first three innings, including Tomass one-out home run in the second on the first pitch he saw from Finnegan and Castillos opposite-field shot into the right field seats in the third.Tomas hit Josh Smiths first pitch of the eighth for his second homer of the game.WILD GIFTBrandon Drury gave Arizona a 7-5 lead when he scored from third base on Ross Ohlendorfs wild pitch on which Jean Segura struck out. Segura reached first base, but he was caught stealing.HOMER UNHAPPYReds LHP Brandon Finnegan moved into a tie with Washington RHP Max Scherzer for the National League lead in home runs allowed with 22 after giving up three to the Diamondbacks on SundayTRAINING ROOMDiamondbacks: RHP Zack Greinke, whos been on the disabled list since June 29 with a left oblique strain, threw 45 pitches during a bullpen session. His next step either will be a simulated game with the Diamondbacks or a minor league rehab game, manager Chip Hale said.Reds: The game was delayed for a couple of minutes while a Reds trainer checked out catcher Ramon Cabrera after he took a Brandon Drury foul tip off his facemask. Cabrera stayed in the game.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: RHP Brandon Shipley, Arizonas top pick and the 15th overall choice in the 2013 draft, is scheduled to make his major league debut on Monday in the opener of a four-game series at Milwaukee.Reds: RHP Anthony DeSclafani tries to improve to 6-0 in nine starts as the Reds on Monday open a seven-day, six-game West Coast swing with the first of three games at San Francisco. Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping White NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '