Forums » News and Announcements

e didnt let us do that." Manuel said Hamels

• September 8, 2018 8:39 PM EDT

导出博客文章My father has a routine for when hes pulled over by police. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping .Before the officer approaches, he reaches over to the glove compartment to get his registration and places it on the dashboard along with his license and wallet. He refers to the officer as sir or maam and does not move his hands from the 10-and-2 position unless specifically directed to do so.When I was 10, I watched him get pulled over twice in five days for speeding, and I asked him why he did that. He turned to me and gave me a smile before quoting the late Richard Pryor: I dont wanna be no m-----f---ing accident.I didnt fully understand his response, nor did I have a tremendous amount of experience with police. My father grew up in Columbus, Ohio. He was pulled over multiple times -- sometimes for speeding, sometimes for having a white woman in his car, sometimes for no reason at all.You know. Driving while black.My father is a man who pulls no punches when discussing race and raised me to think similarly -- to have a healthy sense of fear in recognizing the precarious nature of my existence. For him, it wasnt enough to recognize the dangers of being a black man in this country. He recognized the dangers of being a black person.During the recent televised conversations about police brutality -- including the town hall with President Barack Obama that aired Thursday and the town hall with BET and MTV personalities last week -- the focus of the discussions has been almost exclusively on men.Police brutality absolutely affects black men. But amid the heightened attention around the deaths of black men at the hands of police, the killings of black women have gone under-covered and under-mentioned. As a result, black women get pushed out of the conversation all together, even though black women founded the Black Lives Matter movement.To quote the report called Say Her Name, released by the African American Policy Forum last year: The erasure of black women is not purely a matter of missing facts. Even where women and girls are present in the data, narratives framing police profiling and lethal force as exclusively male experiences lead researchers, the media and advocates to exclude them.During the town hall with President Obama, only a few women spoke, and all in accessory capacities: mothers of police officers, girlfriend of someone slain by police or a mother of a protester in Baltimore. Thats not to say these womens experiences dont matter --of course they do -- but women are more than accessories. Women participate actively in the movement and experience violence, which needs to be discussed as we search for peace and solutions as a nation.This exclusion happens even as athletes respond to these cases of police brutality. When Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade opened the ESPYs with their call to action, they named a few of those killed by police in recent years. Rekia Boyd, Natasha McKenna, Janisha Fonville and Tanisha Anderson were not among those mentioned. When they called out activists, not a single black woman was acknowledged, nor were the efforts of WNBA teams?who had already answered the call to recognize those killed.The continued erasure of women from this conversation is partly due to how we think about gender and race. Blackness is often thought of as masculine, and womanhood is often thought of as white. When those identities and experiences of racism and sexism intersect -- as they do for black women -- we struggle to adequately hear their stories.Although racism and sexism readily intersect in the lives of real people, they seldom do in feminist and antiracist practices. And so, when practices expound identity as woman or person of color as an either/or proposition, they relegate the identity of women of color to a location that resists telling, Kimberle Crenshaw, who co-founded and is executive director of the AAPF, wrote in her 1993 paper, Mapping the Margins: Intersectionality, Identity Politics, and Violence Against Women of Color.We have to see black women and fight for black women in the same way that black women continue to fight for others around them. The same is true for queer and trans black people and black people with disabilities. Black lives matter does not just refer to black men.Black women lives matter.Black trans lives matter.Black queer lives matter.Black disabled lives matter.I see you. I love you. You matter. Wholesale China Jerseys . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. http://www.chinajerseyscheapauthentic.com/ . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51.ATLANTA -- Cole Hamels said he "totally forgot" Phillies manager Charlie Manuel was on the verge of his 1,000th win. Hamels said theres been too much losing in Philadelphia this season to focus on individual milestones. Hamels took a shutout into the ninth inning, Cody Asche hit a three-run homer and the Phillies beat the Atlanta Braves 5-1 Monday night to give Manuel his milestone win. "Truly I think it hasnt been talked about much in here just because we havent been playing well," Hamels said. "Weve just been focused on just trying to win a game and then going from there. "Its a tremendous accomplishment. That type of milestone is pretty huge." The game was overshadowed by a fatal fall at Turner Field. Atlanta police spokesman John Chafee said a man died after falling more than 60 feet from an upper-level platform to a parking lot. He said the fall that occurred before 9 p.m. appeared to be an accident. Hamels (5-13) struck out nine with one walk while allowing six hits and one run as the Phillies snapped a streak of 11 straight road losses. Philadelphias players signed a base with "1,000" in Phillies red. The base sat in Manuels office after the game. "Its definitely quite an achievement," Manuel said. "Like I told the players, theyre the ones who make it happen. "Im sure later on it will probably mean a lot more to me than right now." Asche, a left-handed hitter, pulled a fastball from Julio Teheran (9-6) about three rows deep into the right-field seats in the sixth inning for his second homer. Asche hit his homer two pitches after Teheran hit Darin Ruf with a pitch. Chase Utley, who led off the inning with a single, also scored on the homer. Asche singled off Anthony Vavaro in the ninth, stole second and scored on a single by Carlos Ruiz. Hamels didnt allow more than one baserunner in any inning until the seventh, when he walked Dan Uggla with one out after Chris Johnson singled. B.J. Upton then hit into a double play to end the inning. Upton, who struck out to end the second with Brian McCann on third base following his leadoff double, is 7 for 73 (.096) with runners in scoring position. Hes hitting .191 overall. Justin Upton led off the ninth with a double to left field. With two outs, Chris Johnson hit a ground-rule double to right field to spoil Hamels shutout bid. Despite Hamels poor record, the left-hander still commands respect in the Braves clubhouse.& quoot;We know any time we play the Phillies that this could happen with the arms that they run out there," Johnson said. Cheap NFL Jerseys. "Give all the credit to Cole Hamels tonight." Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said the goal was to get Hamels out of the game. "We were hoping to get into the bullpen," Gonzalez said. "When you get into those games, sometimes getting into the bullpen helps you the rest of the series. And he didnt let us do that." Manuel said Hamels showed his determination to remain in the game in the top of the ninth. "He got his bat and his helmet and made sure he got up on deck real quick," Manuel said. "He was determined he was going to finish." The Phillies took a 1-0 lead in the second. Hamels hit a one-out triple beyond the reach of B.J. Upton in centre field and scored on Jimmy Rollins single. With two outs, Utley singled and Domonic Brown walked, loading the bases, but Rufs groundout ended the inning. Teheran gave up four runs on six hits and one walk in six innings, ending his streak of four straight starts allowing no more than one earned run. McCann returned after sitting out two starts to rest his sore right knee. Justin Upton started after leaving Sundays game with cramping in his left hamstring. The start of the game was delayed 1 hour, 48 minutes by rain. Chafee, the police spokesman, said it was unclear if wet conditions contributed to the fans fall. He said police received the report of the fall just before 9 p.m. When officers arrived, they located a man who appeared to have fallen 65 feet, or about six stories. The man was transported to Atlanta Medical Center and died of his injuries. The mans name was not immediately released. NOTES: The triple was the second of Hamels career. ... He took his first win in Atlanta since April 20, 2011. ... Manuel is 1,000-824. ... The Phillies last road win was July 19 at the Mets. ... Braves LHP Paul Maholm, out since July 21 with a bruised left wrist, said his six-inning simulated game before batting practice was a success. Gonzalez said Maholm may need only one minor league rehab game before he can come off the 15-day DL. ... Manuel said he watched on his phone as RHP Roy Halladay threw in the bullpen in Clearwater, Fla. Halladay has been out since May 6 with right shoulder inflammation. "Hes looking pretty good," Manuel said. ... Phillies RHP Ethan Martin will face Braves RHP Kris Medlen on Tuesday night. Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping White NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '