Forums » Member Events

2012 Franklin Carmichael Landscape Juried Art Show

• April 16, 2012 10:34 AM EDT

2012 Franklin Carmichael Landscape Juried Art Show- July 3 to August 18, 2012 at the Orillia Museum of Art & History, 30 Peter St. South, Orillia, Ontario. This show is open to All-Ontario. Artist may submit one image only & the image submitted must fit within the landscape theme. Entry fee $35. Entry can be made by mailed CD, email in jpg or pdf format or in person. Deadline for entry – Friday, June 15, 2012 at 4 pm.

Over $3000 is awarded to best of show and people’s choice selections. This year OMAH will sponsor a $2000 top prize – the Carmichael Award – named in honour of Franklin Carmichael (1890-1945).
    The entry form is not on their website yet. You can either contact Breanna Lawlor-MacDonald, Education Director, Orillia Museum of Art & History,programs@orilliamuseum.org or 705-326-2159

• 294 posts
    April 17, 2012 11:26 AM EDT

Hi Dalibor,

I'm glad you brought this up. I was going to post something about it, but it slipped my mind.

The forms for this are up on their site, they're just a little hard to find. The direct link to the application form is here http://www.orilliamuseum.org/Juried%20Art%20Show%20Entry%20Form.pdf and the rules and regs are here http://www.orilliamuseum.org/Juried%20Art%20Show%202012%20application.pdf

Their theme is landscape, which they define as follows: 

“Landscapes include both rural and urban scenes. The Canadian landscape is a tradition of this vast land and provides infinite interpretation for the artist from high realism to abstractions. The entries to this show will embrace that broad perspective of the land.”

Each artist is only allowed to enter one painting. I hope a number of OPAS members enter. It would be nice to see an OPAS member win an award, like David Sharpe did at Paint Ontario.

Cheers
    Keith Thirgood
    www.wilsonstreetstudio.ca 

• August 8, 2013 9:30 PM EDT
    I missed the deadline for this for 2013. I wonder if we could have an area of the site with calls for entry that are relevant to plein air. Members could post if they are aware of any.